SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
SR20's since '97
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys.. Im just feelin this out and see what you guys think. I work for a company Z10 Motorsports we make all billet aluminum and fabricated parts for hondas nissans and mitsubishi's. We just completed our SR20 Rear Wheel Drive Oil pan. For use with external or internal ( stock ) oil pumps.
This pan is for RWD SR20 Motors only. We also Make fully external race oil systems for FWD and RWD SR20 Motors as well as others. FWD Pan will be
done asap. Enough about us Im trying to see if you guys would be interested
in doing a group buy on the Oil Pans. $315 Shipped comes with everything.

Pan Specs :

Dual Trap Doors ( oil control )
Billet Aluminum Flange
Fully Tig Welded
Temp Sender Bung
Holds 1 More Quart than stock
Retains Stock Ground Clearance

Heres some pictures of the pan ( this one is setup for a wetsump but u get the idea )

Bolted to OEM Upper RWD SR20 Pan

Inside of the pan setup for External Wet Sump ( street pan same minus pickup )

Front of Pan w/external Oil line ( not on oem style ) but will have temp sensor bung.

Heres a Picture of our Front Cover for an External Setup ( not for use with OEM Pump )

Heres some pictures of one of our clients running the system / pan

Hope you guys enjoy the pictures, products etc Dont hesitate to PM / Email /
me with any questions or just simply post here.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
QUiKSR20 said:
This pan is for RWD SR20 Motors only. We also Make fully external race oil systems for FWD and RWD SR20 Motors as well as others. $315 Shipped comes with everything.
Hey Daryl,

The pan looks nice but consider the fact that the Greddy unit with identical features can be had for around $250. I think you'd be better off focusing on development for the FWD SR.

·
A.K.A. 2Fass240us
1,224 Posts
Does the GReddy allow for a dry sump? I believe it does have a tap for a pressure sender right?

Even so, that's a nice-looking unit. If you don't mind my asking, which car is that you have pictures of?

·
SR20's since '97
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Shoes59 said:
Hey Daryl,

The pan looks nice but consider the fact that the Greddy unit with identical features can be had for around $250. I think you'd be better off focusing on development for the FWD SR.
Thanks Jim.. The FWD Pan is underway. The greddy is cast and this is fabricated not much diff there. But this can be built to suit for dry sump, wet sump etc. Also it has dual trap doors which the greddy does not.

·
A.K.A. 2Fass240us
1,224 Posts
QUiKSR20 said:
That is the RSR Drift 240SX. It will be touring the country this year.
I thought that's what it was...the visual scheme certainly is unique enough that it's hard to mistake it with another car.

So the GReddy pan only has one trap door? What's the advantage of two over one?

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Looks great Daryl, keep up the good work man.

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUiKSR20 said:
Thanks Jim.. The FWD Pan is underway. The greddy is cast and this is fabricated not much diff there. But this can be built to suit for dry sump, wet sump etc. Also it has dual trap doors which the greddy does not.
the greddy has 2 swinging trap doors. just thought i'd keep it fair. your pan is very nice looking. i like it.
shaun

·
No soup for you
2,266 Posts
I'm inerested in the FWD pan for sure, the oiling system catches my eye as well. Some more info would be great!

John

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
WOW! That looks awesome. I would prolly be interested in one as I want to start getting out on the tracks and stuff. Oil starvation scares me with all the spun bearings i have seen.

Brent

·
SR20's since '97
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will keep you guys updated as for the FWD Version. Were up to our necks right now in stuff for the 04 Drag Race season and Honda Parts.. Not enough want for the Nissan stuff right now to push it to the top of the list but I can assure you the stuff will be made soon. I cant wait to get one on my car.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Please send an update, lol! We are sooooo ready.

Brent

·
SR20's since '97
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey... RWD Is complete and FWD is gonna be ready within a week most! almost done just have to get a few made.. Ill have a price for you guys tommorow!

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
What FWD SR20 is this pan made off of? All the diffrent FWD SR20's have diffrent lower oil pans, the bolt pattern is diffrent...

·
Registered
16 Posts
yea looks like ill stick with the greddy which "looks" better and is cheaper. Reconider the price if ur lookin to sell to more people other than the TRUE race only person.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Yeah, the way an oil pan looks is SO important :rolleyes:

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Good looking and cheaper means it HAS to be better at oil control, right? :)

Spin a rod bearing (common in SR engines) sometime, and you'll be begging for a pan like Darryl's.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts