SR20 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I have yet to see an install guide with pictures of the above mentioned pumps into a S13 or S14 so I have a few pictures i'll share with you guys as I have installed a Q45 pump into my own car. Im not gonna make this a fuel install write up but you can you the pics as a guide, also to put to rest that these pumps are to big to fit into the stock hanger because they will fit just like the stock pump.

Here you can see where you need to cut the outlet pipe back just a lil bit:

Here are some pics showing you a lil bit of what needs to be down to the rubber hat that keeps the pump in place from moving around:

Here is a pic showing what modification has to be done to the stock fuel sock:

Here is a picture of the Q45 fuel pump (left) and S13 fuel pump (right) after being modded:

Some pics of the finished product:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Do you have a part number to confirm that the Z32 pump is the same as the Q45 pump?
For anyone reading this, this is just to show that both Q45 and Z32 pumps can be installed the same way as they both share the outside physical demensions but as far as one being superior to the other that I do not know, but simple logic tells you the Q45 fuel pump most provide enough volume for 8 370cc injectors and the Z32 6 370cc injectors.

and yes I do have part numbers from the actual fule pump case as that actually part number you would use to order the pump itself is not on the fuel pump, but here they go as follows:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Well, Skyline GT-R owners upgrade to the Z32 TT pumps, as they are the highest flowing Nissan OEM pumps, and as you have written there, it's different than the Q45 pump and the NA pump (so it seems).

So if you were looking for a performance upgrade from the stock 240 pump, yeah, any one of those will work, but if you're looking for the highlest flowing pump, the Z32 TT one should be the one that flows the most.

However, your "??" doesn't really provide enough evidence to put this one in concrete yet.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, Skyline GT-R owners upgrade to the Z32 TT pumps, as they are the highest flowing Nissan OEM pumps, and as you have written there, it's different than the Q45 pump and the NA pump (so it seems).

So if you were looking for a performance upgrade from the stock 240 pump, yeah, any one of those will work, but if you're looking for the highlest flowing pump, the Z32 TT one should be the one that flows the most.

However, your "??" doesn't really provide enough evidence to put this one in concrete yet.

Yea I know hopefully someone will chime in here that has an actual 300ZX TT fuel pump and post the rest of the numbers, it almost appears that the "B??" number could be an indicator of size as it it goes up by total size of injectors used but hopefully someone will post that number or a quick call to infiniti and see if they give a part number that matches that of the Z32 TT or NA fuel pump.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im not bothering to post part numbers simply becasue it will not do justice in that each chassis has a different fuel tank and there for slightly different pick up screens which are included when you buy the fuel pump assembly will result in a different fuel pump part number simply because the included sock will very from pump to pump so im only looking for the number stampedintoteh side of thefuelpump whichwill be hidden by a rubber insulator which has to be removed to get the number...thanks

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Moving to Tech - this is good info.

·
allmotorKA24DE
607 Posts
we might need to have those pics rehosted...im getting nothin but red x's.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Yes that would be great if the pics are put back up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts