SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup guys....Just finished installing my Zex kit! Took about 4.5 hours but that was with me and my buddy taking our time...Cool thing though is we did a kick ass job..the install is so stealth and clean...if you were to look into the engine bay you wouldn't be able to tell shiet! (Just gotta paint that purple brain box black) Install was real straight foward and easy...3 wires, (tps,power,ground) fuel regulator hoses, and the nitrous line. Oh yeah and the switch..he,he,....but the only sad part is for the last 3 months it hasn't rained here in N. Cali..but for some reason....5 minutes before I got done with the install....BAM!!!! It starts raining...so hopefully it lets off by tonight and I can tell you guys how it does....wish me luck! Oh one thing though..the Zex kit activates at WOT..but since it takes the reading off the TPS...the TPS has to hit the activation point of 4.2 Volts at WOT but for some reason my TPS would not register high enough...even with adjusting the TPS it still wouldn't reach that point...but I did modify my tps...so that I could make the proper adjustment...but unfortunetly my car idles a tad bit higher than before...(at about 1,100) hopefully I can get that down somehow..(idle adjustment screw is pretty much closed) But yeah I'll be sure to let you guys know how things are going!

------------------
Irwin 96 200sx SE-R (stock)

·
Registered
166 Posts
damn your going to have to let me know what shot your using I've been thinking about NOS or just going turbo I have a 92 se-r to sell for the money but I'm not sure yet...hit me up SOOPA!!!

------------------
91 SE-R Stillen header,HKS/Greddy catback,Nology coil/wires,ACT clutch,Clutch Masters flywheel,CAI,Energy motor mounts,Stillen S/T shifter and still not fast enough...

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Storm88000:
Wanna' see video of what a nitrous'ed up SE-R runs like? Just go to my SE-R site, and watch my drag racing videos. The 1/8 mile pass is a low 9-second one (9.23 @ 75mph to be exact), which is equal to about 14.20 @ 98mph in the 1/4 mile. That video is in-car.
The 'big' video I did was with a 50-shot, running mid to high-14s in the 1/4. It's mostly out-of-car, but there's a little bit of in-car. The movies are big (3 megs), so fast internet access will help.

Just wanted you to know there's some nitrous SE-R videos out there. I'll post a new one in a couple weeks, when I (hopefully) make a 13-second 1/4 mile run.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, JWT pop, header, ProActive
clutch, ST bar, NOS direct-port 75hp, Autopower 4-point roll bar/harnesses.
[email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

·
Zed's dead baby
336 Posts
I watched as a local tuner shop finished installing the Zex kit on a gen2 eclipse and it definitely looked easier and like soopastank said "so stealth". Did you have to buy a fuel pressure regulator?

------------------
'95 200sx Se-R Stillen Exhaust, Weapon R adapter intake, 17" Chrome w/ Nitto NT 555, Arospeed Adjustable coilovers
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1736588&a=13362808&f=0

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
[...but unfortunetly my car idles a tad bit higher than before...(at about 1,100) hopefully I can get that down somehow..(idle adjustment screw is pretty much closed)
[/B][/QUOTE]

Just on the off chance, check the tension on the throttle cable - doe's it need loosened slightly? That can cause high idle also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts