SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

bumper still needs to be trimmed. took him almost 3 days to do, we had nasty rain and wind

·
Registered
515 Posts
That pipe is running low, but other than that it looks nice.

·
Registered
515 Posts
ray00 said:
i think the pic makes it seem lower
Actually if you look at the picture the pipe and the snail hangs lower than the front fascia. When going over huge speed bumps it may scratch.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
the hot shot one hangs really low.. but i haven't really had probs. very nice setup man!

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
That pipe isn't bad. My old setup ran a similar route and I never had them touch, my DP hit before anything else did.

Brent

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
The intercooler looks great. That pipe hangs pretty low Dennis. You should check into running it through the washer fluid reservoir hole like people do in their classics. I ahve mine done that way and it worked out very well. You acould avoid those sharp bends that way too.

What are you doing with the tmic setup? I have a friend thats looking for one.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Looks good - how tall is that intercooler?

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I would surely like to check out your set-up Zexynx; if you'd like to meet up sometime. I will be moving to King of Prussia in the next month and am down in the city quite a bit (clubbing). Looks good, and that 13.1 @107 is awesome. Was that before front mount?

·
Registered
722 Posts
My hotside pipe hangs even lower, and I've never bottomed it out on anything. Of course w/ AC and the U13 motor there isn't much else I can do.

·
grease monkey
1,386 Posts
it was the biggest pain in the ass,i wish i used smaller pipe.the i/c is 6in high,i'm waiting on the front spoiler to kinda hide some of the piping,the pic is the car w/ no front spoiler,just the front bumper of a nx1600.hey matt,the top mount set is yours if you want it,pm me.yo nitelife,we can hook up anytime,the 13.1 was w/ the top mount.after i get some of the seams welded i'm heading back to the track.

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Holy crap, he actually fit that IC on the nx. I had one like that on my sentra, and traded for a smaller one, I didnt think it would fit. lol

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
the pipe hanging down that low isnt too big a deal. i would, however, suggest that you dont make the coupling the lowest point on the piping. if it does scrape, its gonna get a hole, guaranteed.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
HotshtSR20 said:
the pipe hanging down that low isnt too big a deal. i would, however, suggest that you dont make the coupling the lowest point on the piping. if it does scrape, its gonna get a hole, guaranteed.
Looks good Dennis.
thanks again for all your help

1 - 16 of 16 Posts