SR20 Forum banner

zexynx's new front mount set up

926 views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  seRpwr 
#1 ·

bumper still needs to be trimmed. took him almost 3 days to do, we had nasty rain and wind

See less See more
#4 ·
ray00 said:
i think the pic makes it seem lower
Actually if you look at the picture the pipe and the snail hangs lower than the front fascia. When going over huge speed bumps it may scratch.

#5 ·
the hot shot one hangs really low.. but i haven't really had probs. very nice setup man!

#8 ·
The intercooler looks great. That pipe hangs pretty low Dennis. You should check into running it through the washer fluid reservoir hole like people do in their classics. I ahve mine done that way and it worked out very well. You acould avoid those sharp bends that way too.

What are you doing with the tmic setup? I have a friend thats looking for one.

#9 ·
Looks good - how tall is that intercooler?

#13 ·
it was the biggest pain in the ass,i wish i used smaller pipe.the i/c is 6in high,i'm waiting on the front spoiler to kinda hide some of the piping,the pic is the car w/ no front spoiler,just the front bumper of a nx1600.hey matt,the top mount set is yours if you want it,pm me.yo nitelife,we can hook up anytime,the 13.1 was w/ the top mount.after i get some of the seams welded i'm heading back to the track.

#16 ·
HotshtSR20 said:
the pipe hanging down that low isnt too big a deal. i would, however, suggest that you dont make the coupling the lowest point on the piping. if it does scrape, its gonna get a hole, guaranteed.
Looks good Dennis.
thanks again for all your help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.